Your hair is not always the world’s point of focus, but as a woman and a mother if my hair is not managed my life somehow feels out of control. As an African American woman I often focus on the look and not the condition. I know I am not the only one. Hello? Well after speaking with a couple of stylist and paying attention to the way they treat my hair, I have five simple hair enhancements that I’d like to share.
- Water is important, what you put in the body does show on the outside. So along with drinking lots of water I also take Omega 3 (fresh water fish oils) wish actually helps with my dry scalp.
- Straightening my hair is always damaging, but deep conditioning helps. I sit with conditioner in my hair under the dryer rinse and then use a leave in.
- No heat is how you beat the breakage. I mean the less the better. Blow drying with high temps is a no-no. If you want to use a dryer to dry, I suggest investing in the hairdryers you can sit under. They are not easy to find, but I got mine on clearance for under $40. I sit in my room, read a book and dry my hair.
- Cover-up. There are pillow cases made of silk that can help with the bed head syndrome but wrapping your hair at night with a non-cotton based scarf can also be extremely helpful.
- When in doubt – Ask!!! Talk to people and stylist that don’t mind sharing. Give a compliment and then get to the questions. How do you… and how do I?
For deep conditioning hair care products check out, www.kingsandqueenshaircare.com and place an order today!